|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||5 Minutes|
|Passive Time||15 Minutes|
- 2 1 lb medium Fuji apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon flour All purpose
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup raisins golden
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg seperated
- 17.3 ounce frozen puff pastry sheets thawed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put diced apples with flour. Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Put apples, golden raisins, sugar, lemon juice and ginger. Cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender.Let the whole cool. Stir in egg yolk.
- Unfold a pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. With a knife, cut pastry into equal squares. Spoon a quarter cup of the apple mixture into centre of the squares. Use egg white for the edges. Fold in a way to form a triangle. Seal the edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 14 to 15 minutes. It should be puffed or appear a nice brownish colour.
Nutrition Information for Apple Turnovers
Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 331 cal., 20 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 34 mg chol., 309 mg sodium, 32 g carb. (2 g fiber), 6 g pro.