|Prep Time||25 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins Banking at 400°F|
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 package frozen puff pastry sheets thawed, 17.3 ounces, 1 sheet
- 2 tablespoons coarse or granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 2 baking apples cored, halved and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine egg and the water; set aside. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry into a 12-inch square. Using a pizza cutter, cut a 1/2-inch strip from each of the four sides of the square. Brush edges of pastry square with egg wash. Transfer pastry to prepared baking sheet. Attach a pastry strip to each side of the square to form an edge; brush again with egg mixture. Prick pastry with a fork.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and ginger. Arrange apple slices over pastry, overlapping as necessary. Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is deep golden brown and crisp. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack. Transfer to a cutting board or platter.
Nutrition Information for Ginger-Apple Tart Servings Per Recipe: 12 PER SERVING: 120 cal., 7 g total fat 18 mg chol., 83 mg sodium, 14 g carb. (1 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 1 g pro.