The jackfruit is the largest known fruit borne from a tree. The fleshy petals of a Jackfruit are what is usually consumed. The Jackfruit is the national fruit of Bangladesh. It is mostly assumed to have originated from the Indian subcontinent. There are evidence that suggests that Jackfruit was well known and cultivated long ago in India and South East Asia. The flesh of the Jackfruit is known to be quite fibrous. It is often used in curry. Its seeds are also consumed after having been dried, boiled or roasted and complemented with chilli and salt. Jackfruit when ripe is also eaten raw.
Jackfruit is a sweet, delicious and exotic fruit that is packed with many nutrients and benefits. Jackfruit is known as the jack of all fruits. It is a rich source of vitamin, minerals, phytonutrients, carbohydrate, electrolytes, fibre, fat and protein. This fruit also contains calorie but no cholesterol or saturated fats. Consume jackfruit for the best taste, nutrition and its many health benefits.
- Regulates blood sugar levels: High blood sugar level can be caused due to manganese deficiency in the body. Jackfruit has a rich amount of this nutrient and thus helps regulate blood sugar levels in the body.
- Fights Cancer: Jackfruit contains phytonutrients that have powerful anti-cancer properties. These phytonutrients help in eliminating free cancer causing radicals from the body and slow down the degeneration of cells in the body, which may lead to a number of degenerative disorders.
- Fights wrinkles: Dip jackfruit seed in some cold milk for a minute. Grind this well and apply gently on the wrinkles. This can reduce wrinkles in just about 6 weeks. Use regularly for best results.
- Skin and eye care: Jackfruits contain powerful anti-aging properties that slow down the degeneration of skin cells and make the skin look younger. They are a rich source of vitamin A that is essential in maintaining healthy eyesight.
- Flawless skin: Jackfruit seed can give you flawless skin. Soak some dry seed with milk and honey. Grind them into a fine paste and apply on your face. Let it dry, and then wash off to reveal flawless skin in just a few minutes.
Water – g 73.46
Energy – kcal 95
Protein – g 1.72
Total lipid (fat) – g 0.64
Carbohydrate, by difference – g 23.25
Fibre, total dietary – g 1.5
Sugars, total – g 19.08
Calcium, Ca – mg 24
Iron, Fe – mg 0.23
Magnesium, Mg – mg 29
Phosphorus, P – mg 21
Potassium, K – mg 448
Sodium, Na – mg 2
Zinc, Zn – mg 0.13
Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid – mg 13.7
Thiamin – mg 0.105
Riboflavin – mg 0.055
Niacin – mg 0.92
Vitamin B-6 – mg 0.329
Folate, DFE – µg 24
Vitamin B-12 – µg 0
Vitamin A, RAE – µg 5
Vitamin A, IU – IU 110
Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) – mg 0.34
Fatty acids, total saturated – g 0.195
Fatty acids, total monounsaturated – g 0.155
Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated – g 0.094
Fatty acids, total trans – g 0
Cholesterol – mg 0
(a)”Values based on analysis of cultivars grown in Florida.”
(b)”Folate value based on the analysis of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate”